Farm Girl Life


I LOVE living in the country!
I love the life of a 'farm girl'!
I love digging in the dirt, growing flowers, 
herbs, fruits and vegetables, raising chickens,
gathering eggs, milking goats and so much more!
I enjoy having my children and grandchildren along
side me during the day to day workings of my simple
farm life.
Now, when I say 'farm', I really mean 'farmette'.
Farmette is my word for a 'tiny' farm operation.
There is almost five acres of property here.
That's  a micro operation of a farm.
But, that's enough to keep me and hubby busy for sure!


I love growing herbs, flowers and vegetables.  
Our little 'farmette' is a lovely, peaceful sanctuary
to birds, bees, butterflies and people.
We really enjoy it when others come out
and enjoy the gardens and just 'relax'.
The gardens aren't perfectly 'landscaped'
or without weeds, but they sure are pretty.
I am a believer in using what you have available, 
so, when you visit you will see that I use just about anything 
as bordering, planters, fencing, trellises,  etc...
I really enjoy looking at perfectly landscaped gardens,
but that is not always affordable for most folks.
So, by using 'unique' items to landscape with, I have
a quaint, rustic look to all of my gardens.
As an herbalist, I really enjoy growing herbs
for teas and medicinals.
When visitors walk through the gardens,
I make a point to pick herbs to share for
smelling and tasting. A lot of folks do not really
get to experience with their senses the herbal botanicals.
So, next time you are visiting, take time to 
smell the herbs!

I am a firm believer that kids should
play outside, a lot.
The outdoors is a great 'teacher'.
A large portion of our gardens are fence
enclosed so that the grand-children can
enjoy the wonders of nature as they
play in the gardens.
They enjoy many hands-on experiences with bugs,
worms, plants, and DIRT!
There's nothing more beautiful than a 
dirty kid who has been digging in the dirt!
We also love it when visitors come and their 
children express their delight with our 
outdoor natural play spaces. 

  

We have always had some type of farm animal
here.  Our children and grand-children have
enjoyed chickens, goats, bunnies, dogs, and cats
here on the 'farm'.
It is fun for them to participate in the 'chores'
and care for the animals.
We will be getting goats very soon!  I love
dairy goats!  We will again have milk and cheese!
We enjoy it when others come out for 
farm visits to enjoy hanging out with the
animals.


 I offer workshops/classes here on the 'farmette'
about all things health and wellness.
We learn about herbs, spices, foods and
other healthy practices that we can incorporate 
into our daily lifestyle for a more vibrant life.
Over the years we have had many fabulous guest speakers at these
classes/workshops that have shared great information!
We always have a lot of fun with old friends and new
at these gatherings!
Follow us on FACEBOOK for dates and times.
Also on FB, I have GROUP PAGES that keep us connected:
The Herbal Life
In the Kitchen
In the Garden
Back to Nature Discoveries



Heritage Home~Place Country Shoppe
is our 'farm store' here.
We offer herbs, spices, seasoning mixes, baking mixes,
soup mixes, fun foodies, gifts and more!
Our little shoppe is nestled among the gardens and
the farm animals.
The Shoppe is Open on
Friday and Saturday,
9am-4pm.

  
I enjoy sharing my 'farm girl life', so
whenever you visit, just take time to do a 
'walk-a-bout' through the gardens and 
visit the animals!


So, as you can see, we are more that just a
retail business here on our 'farmette'.
We invite you to come on out and visit!
We share an experience that will engage all
of your senses! 

Be sure and follow us on FACEBOOK 
to see what's going on!   












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Cider

The Home Apothecary

Winter Health