Baby Calf!

Baby Calf!

Our milk cow, Babe, finally had her calf yesterday morning! January 8, 2010. The temperature was below freezing!
I went out to start my chores and there the cow was...delivering...or trying to deliver. I had to call my brother-in-law (part owner of the milk cow) to come and help the delivery. My son, Sam, also helped. It was a difficult birth.
After delivery, my three daughters and I worked with the calf and cow. Both were very cold. We did what any 'farmgirls' would do...we brought out the quilts! :-) We covored both cow and calf with quilts and fresh straw. The cow lay for a couple of hours. She finally was able to get up. They both are doing well....for which we are thankful!
Sam named the little bull 'Rodeo'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Cider

The Home Apothecary

Winter Health