Mod Podge Christmas Decor!

As I'm getting ready for our 
Holiday Cookie Exchange Party
here at Heritage Home~Place
I am decorating every indoor and outdoor area possible.
As I add a silver tree to my 1954 Clipper Silver Streak Camper
I realize that I don't have the right color of bulbs.
Hmmm...do I search online for the right teal color or do I create them myself?
Of course, my first place to look for diy projects is Pinterest.
And I found the perfect solution!
Make them myself!
Debbiedoos had the answer for me!
So, with Mod Podge and Rit Dye I started the process
of creating my own color for the bulbs on my tree!

 Since I'm already a fan of Mod Podge, it was easy to follow
Debbie's directions!  I bought some really cheap
small silver bulbs from the Dollar General and started the process.
I first mixed some Aqua Marine Rit Dye in the Mod Podge.
Then I painted the bulbs.  I sprinkled on some silver glass glitter
and hung to dry.  Inspired by the color, I then created
some Christmas gifts using wine glasses and clear glass bulbs I used the same
process and was thrilled with the finished products!
I can even use the Mod Podge/Rit Dye on white burlap
to make really unique tags!
I'm hooked on Mod Podge more than ever!

Follow us on Facebook

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, wonderful, they are just beautiful! Sharing on my fb page too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you for sharing on your FB page. I really love your website and your diy posts! I'm modpodging with rit dye on everything because of your inspiration!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Cider

The Home Apothecary

Winter Health